SUMMER READING PROGRAM 2018: Libraries Rock!
Sign up to READ AROUND THE CLOCK this summer! You'll get a bag full of goodies at the Youth Services desk, which includes 2 armbands for free admission to the Minerva Pool (1 for the student, 1 for an adult to accompany them) for the library's Grand Finale Party from 9–11 a.m. on August 2nd. Complete the activities on the clock handout in your bag every two weeks to earn a variety of rewards and for a chance to win one of our rockin’ prize baskets. Rewards change bi-weekly, so be sure to visit often to get them all! Complete activities for ALL the Reading Around the Clock weeks and you’ll get an additional student (bring a friend!) and adult armband.
All students who register for the Reading Rewards Program between June 4 and June 14 receive a chance to win 4 tickets to Kings Island Amusement Park.
Every checkout (once per day) between June 4 and June 29 earns a chance to win one of two bicycles. No registration for the reading program is required to participate. Drawing will be held June 30.
Every checkout (once per day) between June 30 and August 1 earns a chance to win either a Kids' Kindle Fire OR an RCA Galileo tablet. No registration for the reading program is required to participate. Drawing will be held August 2.
Prize Baskets available include:
- 1 Bob Ross basket
- 1 Slime-Making basket
- 1 LEGO Star Wars basket
- 1 LEGO Friends basket
- 1 Squishies basket
- 1 Stranger Things basket
Keep an eye out for these Special Summer Programs…
- Movie Showings: Greatest Showman @ 2 p.m. on Thursday, June 5 & Thursday, June 8
- Interactive Movies: Disney's Z-O-M-B-I-E-S @ 2 p.m. on Thursday, July 19 (registration required)
- LEGO Day @ 2 p.m. on Thursday, June 14 & Thursday, July 26
- Teen Iron Chef @ 2 p.m. on Thursday, June 2 (registration required)
- Musical Storytime with the Canton Symphony Orchestra @ 1:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 28
- Rock Science Exploration @ 2 p.m. on Thursday, July 12 (registration required)
- Monday Makers @ 6–7:30 p.m.: Rock Painting (June 11), & Slime (June 25)
- Monday Makers @ 5:30 p.m–7:30 p.m.: Perler Beads (July 9) & Squishies (July 30 & 31 – registration required)
- Tech Time Tuesday @ 6–7:30 p.m.: June 5, June 19, July 10, & July 17
Book Beginnings and Story Time
Come to Book Beginnings (for parents and children ages 0-3) and Story Time (for more independent children ages 3-5) on Wednesday mornings at 10:30 a.m. Show up early at 10:10 a.m. for a FREE children's snack!
Lunch With a Librarian
Join our librarians at the Minerva Elementary School cafeteria on Friday afternoons (12–12:45 p.m.) this June and July for a tasty, nutritious lunch. Under 18? Your meal is FREE. Over 18? It's only $1 for the whole meal. Once the meal is over, the real fun begins: dance, sing, and listen to stories. Stay til the end for a chance to win cool prizes like restaurant coupons, inflatable guitars, and echo microphones!
Animal Reading Friends (ARF)
Sign up to read with one of our gentle Animal Reading Friends (ARF!) in this program that pairs school age children with dogs to improve their reading skills and foster a lifelong love of reading. Runs Thursdays, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., June 14 – July 26.
FOR MORE INFORMATION